Fall is Asheville’s quintessential season, and there’s nothing quite as romantic as a wedding in the autumn air right here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The leaves are vibrant, the air is chilly, and there’s a palpable energy.
Are you dreaming of an intimate fall wedding? I’ve had the pleasure of capturing gorgeous nuptials in this season, and would like to offer some of the area’s most enchanting local spots to tie the knot…
1. An Air BnB of your choosing / that allows small gatherings. Look for a rental with an attractive interior in case of rain and everything needs to be shifted inside. You’ll also want to find a spot with ample parking... or consider a shuttle option! Think through the timeline and make sure you'll have what you need on-site, as most rental homes aren't event-ready as-is and will require some planning. Check out this post for planning your celebration at an Air BnB!
2. The Swag is perfect for very small gatherings. They're new to hosting weddings and have limited availability. The striking mountain views make for an exceptional outdoor venue, and they offer a great dining experience for small groups. If you’re looking for high-end mountain getaway and traditional cabin vibes, look no further!
3. Highland Brewery offers an industrial chic feeling and rooftop views- perfect for peeping the treetops during peak leaf season! Things are likely to run very smooth at Highland. The staff here are absolute pros at setup and provide seamless event management.
4. Vineyard at Betty's Creek in Sylva is a luxurious venue on stunning grounds with impressive views, vineyards and wildlife. This spot might just be my personal fave, because it features several unique elements: a gorgeously designed open-air reception space, and the outdoor chimney near one of the ceremony spots. It’s one of the more exceptional fall venues in the WNC mountains.
5. A mountain top elopement! I highly suggest picking your favorite hiking destination or mountain vista, such as Max Patch or Black Balsam, for an elopement. Be sure to check the Blue Ridge Parkway website for rules. Also consider if your guests can easily hike to location. You’ll want to have Plan B ready in the event of rainy fall weather, and you’ll also want to scheme up a fun dinner party location to celebrate after your dreamy mountain top ceremony.
Asheville and the surrounding towns of Western North Carolina are unquestionably the perfect destination for intimate fall weddings. You’re likely to score dramatic views-- the perfect backdrop for photos-- and really enjoy yourself in this beautiful, fleeting season. If you have any questions about designing your perfect autumn wedding, please be in touch- let’s plan something magical!